Archive for Men Doing Housework
I’ve been meaning to post pics of Tim’s Deconstructed Pesto for weeks. When counting my blessings, I note how lucky I am to have a husband who does half of the cooking. One of my favorite of his creations is his Deconstructed Pesto:
- olive oil
- tagliatelle, fettuccini, or linguini
- cherry tomatos, halved
- pine nuts, toasted
- six heads of garlic, roasted*
- fresh basil, roughly chopped
- freshly grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- freshly cracked pepper
1. Cut off tops of garlic heads and roast them in the oven for 45 mins to an hour. Squeeze out the roasted cloves and keep them whole.
2. Saute the garlic in olive oil for a minute then add chopped tomatoes and chopped basil. The oil will infuse with garlic flavor and the tomatoes will release enough juice to caramelize into a sauce for the noodles. Add salt, pepper, and a bit of grated cheese as desired.
3. Meanwhile cook the noodles in boiling, salted water and toast the pine nuts in a small pan on medium to low heat (don’t let them burn!).
4. When you are happy with the consistency of the sauce, toss in the cooked noodles and toasted pine nuts.
5. Serve when mixed thoroughly, topped with shredded cheese and cracked pepper.
Eat this with a tossed salad and garlic bread as you wish. Perfect for a night when you want a cozy restaurant meal at home!
*My husband insists that the roasted garlic is the whole point of the dish. You could certainly do with fewer heads of garlic, you could also just mince some garlic and saute it in the olive oil and forget the whole roasting thing. The choice is yours.
Have I got your attention? I have to admit, it’s hard to hear this p-word, and the phrase “porn for women” itself, without cringing and wondering what’s coming next, but the answer is so hilarious and true, that I had to post about it.
I gave it some thought: Often less is more when it comes to what women find attractive in the male body: most of us really don’t need to see it all hanging out thank you very much. And as has been proven time and time again, it’s really more about the story, the big picture that puts us in and out of the mood. As in, they sometimes do or say things that just turn us off – no matter how good they look!
And as I thought more, I realized that although I do love to make life easier for my husband as much as I can – because he is the one working the longest hours for our household outside of the home- the truth is (and I wonder what my husband will think when he stumbles upon this post someday ~wink!~) the idea of him doing more around the house really does turn me on!
In the end, I decided that there would be two big advantages to him doing more housework:
- I would be in an awesome mood! I’m the type of person that is just plain stressed in too much mess (and stress is my number one mood killer), and yet I’m too dysfunctional to keep things as tidy as I need them to be happy.
- I’ll be honest, I would feel thankful and sweet towards him and would want to do something to make it up to him….**
If you are interested in buying this calendar (and no, I don’t work for the CWCP, I just found their product to be amusing – Oh, would that I’d thought of it myself), or Porn for New Moms, or in taking a quiz, or in sending an e-postcard of these gorgeous hunks doing housework, check out The Cambridge Women’s Pornography Cooperative (CWPC) here.
I originally found out about this calendar in an article by Boston Food Culture Examiner, Jacqueline Church, entitled: Holiday gifts: Hunks and Housework is porn for women.
(**Note: If it offends anyone’s feminist tendencies that I would think I owe my husband anything just because he did his share of housework, realize that I love being married and that I believe partnership is all about give-and-take (and to be honest, sometimes take-and-give)- a delicate balance – for both partners.)